Desirial is a monophasic injectable gel cross-linked containing sodium hyaluronate gel integrated with mannitol to preserve women’s intimate health, and manufactured by Vivacy. The desiral range consists of two gel solutions: Desirial and Desirial Plus. These gels differ by the hyaluronic acid concentration and viscoelastic properties to achieve the most efficient results. The main property of Desirial products to prevent dryness in the vulvovaginal area. Moreover, it is a perfect tool for restoring elasticity, and sensitivity.
How does Desirial work & What is it used for?
Over the years, the amount of estrogen in the body decreases, which leads to the reduction of collagen generation. Therefore, the thinning and dehydration of the external genital organs may occur. The skin loses its elasticity, and the mucous membrane discontinues to be normally hydrated due to the hypotrophy of the connective tissue. Moreover, the performance of iron-like cells worsens. All these reasons provoke atrophy of the labia and vagina, excessive dehydration, which brings unpleasant experiences during physical activities, reducing sexual desire. Thus, Desirial is an effective injectable solution based on non-animal origin hyaluronic acid for eliminating the foregoing issues.
Hyaluronic acid is an essential and natural dermis compound that delivers nutrients and helps to retain skin moisture and elasticity. The acid keeps up to 1000 times its weight in water, improving the hydration and the tone of the concerned tissues. Hyaluronic acid has a short half-life and is soluble in water, so it has to be cross-linked to stabilize the product. This process will bind molecules together according to the patented IPN-Like Technology, developed and patented (since 2007). Consequently, it will allow obtaining a binding gel that will last for several months.
Besides, Desirial combines two active components: cross-linked sodium hyaluronate gel integrated with mannitol. While sodium hyaluronate has hydrating and volumizing properties, mannitol acts as an antioxidant by scavenging harmful free radicals. In addition, mannitol works as an anti-inflammatory agent to diminish the severity of post-injection reactions. Desirial filler can also fill the volume of large and small labia and neutralize their asymmetry or severe underdevelopment. Also, it can increase the sensitivity of damaged tissues. The gel also corrects postpartum ruptures and defects caused by trauma or surgery.
- To begin with, Desirial is a cross-linked injectable gel based on hyaluronic acid. Desirial is designed for perimenopausal women or women in the reproductive age suffering from dryness of the vulva, vaginal discomfort, chronic irritations to the intimate area, and pain during sexual intercourse. It contains 19mg/mL of cross-linked sodium hyaluronate gel integrated with mannitol and is equipped in a 1mL syringe. Each product box comes with two preloaded syringes, 2-27G½” single-use needle, 2-30G½” single-use needle, and a device information leaflet.
- Desirial Plus is a more elastic injectable gel for labia majora remodeling. It helps to treat moderate hypotrophy or atrophy. Moreover, it strengthens the protective role of the labia majora and improves the aesthetic appearance of the vulvovaginal area. It contains 21mg/mL of cross-linked sodium hyaluronate gel integrated with mannitol and is equipped in a 1mL syringe. Each product box comes with one preloaded syringe, 2-27G½” single-use needle, 1-18G cannula, 1-25G needle, and a device information leaflet.
After the Desirial injection, the mucous membranes are hydrated and genital organs become more sensitive, which improves the sexual experience. Also, Desirial restores atrophied tissues and lost volume. Problems of urinary incontinence and decreased urethral hyperplasia can be resolved by this filler.
The gel itself is biodegradable and will be absorbed into the surrounding tissues after some time. Thanks to its unique technology, patients can enjoy the effects of Desirial for up to 2 years, depending on the individual characteristics.
Is Desirial safe?
Yes, Desirial is safe for patients. It fully complies with the CE marking 0499, which demonstrates its safety and high quality. The components are derived biotechnologically from the strictly regulated fermentation of bacterial cultures and do not provoke allergic reactions. Vivacy had conducted comprehensive clinical traits to prove that its products are safe to use. Nevertheless, there are several contraindications:
- Patients with who are allergic/hypersensitive to any of the components (e.g. sodium hyaluronate, mannitol);
- Patients who tend to develop hypertrophic scarring;
- For use in areas other than the subcutaneous layer of the labia majora or mucous membrane of the vagina;
- For use in areas affected by inflammation or infections (e.g. thrush, herpes, papilloma);
- Pregnant or breastfeeding patients; and
- Pediatric patients.
The following potential side effects may occur, such as swelling (edemas), a sensation of burning and itching, redness, discoloration, as well as pain and tenderness. Those side effects fade within several days. Please always read the package insert for more detailed information on warnings and contradictions.
About the producer
Vivacy is a French laboratory founded in 2007.
Vivacy specializes in the design, manufacture, and distribution of high-quality injectable medical devices for use in the field of anti-aging and Aesthetic Medicine. The main focus of Vivacy is hyaluronic acid-based dermal fillers with antioxidants. Apart from Desirial, the company is famous for its Stylage dermal fillers.