Ellansé is a novel line of dermal fillers for correcting visible signs of aging such as wrinkles and folds, manufactured by Sinclair. Moreover, Ellansé fillers are bio stimulators and help to improve natural collagen growth.
Ellansé filler range consists of S, M, L, and E solutions, which differ by the longevity of effects- from 1 to 4 years depending on the individual characteristics. Ellansé Filler is suitable for both men and women who want to revitalize their skin and reduce signs of aging.
How does Ellansé work?
Collagen is a structural protein that ensures the maintenance of optimal skin health. Collagen occurs in many parts of the body and makes the skin firm and elastic. Due to biological aging and external skin damages such as pollution, sunlight, smoking, the level of collagen decreases, which leads to the formation of skin imperfections such as wrinkles, facial folds, and volume loss. Thus, patients may look older than their real age.
Ellansé was created using PCL microspheres suspended in a gel carrier of glycerin, phosphate-buffered saline, and carboxymethylcellulose. Polycaprolactone is a soft medical polymer utilized in biomedical applications such as drug delivery systems, sutures, and tissue engineering. The microspheres are encapsulated by the body and stimulate collagen production and connective tissue growth. Thus, skin imperfections are reduced with the possible comfort experience for the patient.
Ellansé Filler Product Line
• Ellansé S is an injectable, bioresorbable gel that treats wrinkles, facial folds and increases volume. Moreover, it stimulates the generation of collagen in the body. Such a combination ensures long-lasting results and a fresh appearance. Moreover, the effects are visible immediately after the treatment and can last up to 1 year. This filler is applicable for nasolabial folds, frown lines, marionette lines, as well as in case of age-related volume loss. Ellansé S should be injected into the mid-deep layer of the skin. The gel solution is suitable for patients over the age of 21
• Ellansé M is an injectable dermal filler that helps to correct facial lines, wrinkles. It also stimulates the generation of the body’s natural collagen. It is also a well-known bioresorbable medical polymer. As well as the Ellansé S, Ellansé M filler should be injected into the mid-deep layer of the skin. In comparison to Ellansé S, the results may last up to 2 years.
• Turning to the Ellansé L, it is a bio-stimulator dermal filler that smooth the appearance of the skin and restore lost volume. It is an effective solution for patients with facial skin depressions and creases. Moreover, Ellansé L can be applied for lip augmentation. The effects of Ellansé L usage may last up to 3 years.
• Ellansé E filler is an effective treatment that helps to delay the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, as well as replenish collagen production. Ellansé E is the best option for patients that look for long-lasting and natural effects. After the Ellansé E treatment, a patient may no longer require rhinoplasty to contour the bridge of the nose or postpone it to later times. After the injection, results may last up to 4 years, depending on the individual characteristics such as lifestyle and age.
How to inject Ellansé?
Only a certified physician can inject Ellansé, following a consultation with each patient individually to determine the suitability of such treatment and the necessity of anesthetic if desired. Please disinfect the injecting area using antiseptics. After the disinfection, please attach one of the provided 27G ¾ needles to the prefilled gel syringe. Slowly inject the required amount of the product. Do not inject it into the blood vessels or irritated skin areas. Do not overcorrect. Any leftovers of gel, syringe, and needles need to be discarded as medical waste accordingly.
Is Ellansé safe?
Yes, the Ellansé range of dermal fillers is very safe for injection into the body. Also, all the Ellansé products comply with the highest European safety standards for Implantable Medical Devices. Ellansé consists of 70% Carboxymethyl Cellulose (CMC) based gel carrier and 30% PolyCaproLactone (PCL) microspheres. The PCL microspheres are fully bioresorbable and have been approved by regulatory agents for cosmetic procedures. The components of the Ellansé solution are toxic-free and tissue-friendly. Patients do not have to test for skin allergy before injection since the dermal fillers are synthetic-based and do not contain any pyrogens nor proteins.
Ellansé is a very well-tolerated treatment. The adverse events rate was 0.0565% or 1 event in 1769 syringes, since 2017.
Nevertheless, in those specific cases, it is not recommended to use Ellansé products:
- A patient with severe allergies or who have a history of anaphylactic shock;
- A patient with a tendency to develop keloids or hypertrophic scarring;
- A patient with allergic/hypersensitivity to any of the filler components;
- A patient with dermal inflammation/infections/disorders (e.g. acne, hives);
- A patient during cortisone therapy, due to the repression of connective tissue fiber growth;
- A patient who takes medications or supplements that triggers bleeding (e.g., fish oil, high doses of vitamin E);
- In the body areas, where a patient has silicone implants;
- A pregnant or breastfeeding patient; and
- A pediatric patient.
The following potential side effect may occur such as swelling (edemas), bruising, and redness. Those side effects are usually very mild and fade within several days. Please inform the patients about sunlight avoidance for approximately one week after the treatment. Patients may experience inflammatory reactions in injected areas. In addition, the following side effects may rarely occur, such as infection, allergy attack, hardening of tissues, nodules, and hypersensitivity. These reactions may be life-dangerous and should be immediately reported to the medical unit.
To prevent unnecessary complaints, administer Ellansé only if you are eligible for medical procedures. Please always read the package insert for more detailed information on warnings and contradictions.