Juvederm is a collection of dermal fillers rich in hyaluronic acid to target various facial aesthetic concerns. Hyaluronic acid is an essential skin component that conveys nutrients and helps to retain skin moisture and elasticity. Hence, Juvederm dermal fillers are safe due to their bioresorbable capacity, which means that compounds dissolve in the dermis tissues over time. Besides, Juvederm gel has high quality with no granular texture that helps to succeed in a remarkably smooth injection of the formula under the dermis. For extra comfort during the injection procedure, a patient can opt for Juvederm products that contain a powerful anesthetic – lidocaine.
Applications of Juvederm:
- Evening out the perioral, in other words ‘smile’ lines;
- Contouring or amplifying cheeks areas;
- Improving the chin profile;
- Ironing out deep facial lines, such as nasolabial folds, smoker’s lines, or marionette lines;
- Tackling crow’s feet wrinkles;
- Enhancing lip contour and amplification; and
- Skin hydration.
How does Juvederm filler work?
Healthy and youthful skin is rich in collagen and hyaluronic acid. Those components maintain skin’s elasticity, moisture, and smoothness. As a result of natural aging processes, the quantity of these essential dermis compounds decreases. Hence, the skin displays signs of dehydration, dullness, and wrinkles. Also, external aggressors, such as sun exposure, pollution, radicals exacerbate the skin. At the same time, some patients may suffer from the adverse consequences of certain diseases that have an effect on appearance in undesirable ways.
Juvederm fillers are produced from controlled bacterial fermentation and the substance is purified from pyrogens and other byproducts. The active gel ingredients are injected intradermally to prevent and address skin aging processes. Also, the fillers deal with external aggressors that result in rejuvenated and natural-looking plump skin.
The Juvederm offers two product lines: Ultra and Vycross. Both lines are flawlessly injected underneath the dermis and provide natural-looking aesthetic enhancements of patient desired areas, such as lips and face. Both Vycross and Ultra lines contain cross-linked hyaluronic acid gel, but the former is the latest technologically progressive filler collection. It advances from Juvederm’s already successful Ultra line. The key difference between the two is that Vycross fillers last longer, due to the innovative technology – unique molecular weighting of hyaluronic acid in the dermal gel.
Vycross line encompasses the following products to reach aesthetic outcomes a patient would desire:
- Juvederm Voluma filler enhances mid-face volume, such as cheeks, and non-surgical chin corrections for improved facial contours. This filler is the densest but highly elastic injectable formula that allows patients to achieve long-lasting aesthetic facial improvements;
- Juvederm Volbella filler is applicable to treat perioral lines and enhance the shape and fullness of lips;
- Juvederm Volift filler is a long-lasting solution for smoothing out nasolabial folds, and lip amplification; and
- Juvederm Retouch filler is a Volift dermal gel in smaller packaging. It is used when the whole 1 ml syringe is abundant as only subtle improvements for patients are necessary.
Ultra line consists of four filler complexes:
- Juvederm Ultra 2 filler effectively targets the fine lines in the corners of the eyes;
- Juvederm Ultra 3 filler focuses on improving facial contour, and evening out wrinkles;
- Juvederm Ultra 4 filler is ideal for the treatment of deep wrinkles enhancing face volume; and
- Juvederm Ultra Smile filler efficiently defines lips and treats mid and deep depressions around the mouth area.
How long do Juvederm Vycross products last?
The longevity of the treatment effects with the Juvederm Vycross line lasts between 12 to 18 months, depending on the patient’s lifestyle, age, skin characteristics, as well as on a particular product:
- Juvederm Voluma –aesthetic effects last up to18 months, where the filler improves and repairs facial fullness. Individual retouch inject procedures might be necessary to prolong the duration of the effects;
- Juvederm Volbella – effects last up to 12 months, where the lips and mouth area wrinkles are effectively treated. Additional inject procedures might be required to prolong the duration of the effects; and
- Juvederm Volift (and Retouch) – beautifying effects last up to 15 months, where midface skin wrinkles are targeted to look naturally smooth and lips are augmented. Extra retouch inject treatments might be necessary to prolong the duration of the effects.
How long do Juvederm Ultra and Hydrate products last?
Juvederm Ultra line fillers effects last around 12 months, where between months 6 and 9 a retouch might be necessary. Patients need to have individual consultations to schedule retouch procedures.
Additionally, Juvederm Hydrate is another effective product used for biorevitalization treatments. This non-surgical procedure is commonly applied to tackle the signs of skin aging and other dermis problems. Certified physicians inject the formula rich in hyaluronic acid into the superficial dermis. Hyaluronic acid preserves the moisture in the dermis hence the treatment is a natural way to rejuvenate the skin and return its natural glow. The effects of Juvederm Hydrate treatment last up to 3 months.
Is Juvederm safe?
Yes, Juvederm products are safe, as the filler’s ingredients are based on hyaluronic acid, which is naturally present in skin tissues. The hyaluronic acid is derived from non-animal sources, therefore, it is unlikely to cause allergic reactions. Nevertheless, patients with the following conditions, are advised not to inject the fillers:
- Allergic to any of the components indicated on the package insert to each product;
- Allergic to gram-positive bacteria;
- Patients prone to keloids and scarring development;
- Patients that suffer from skin irritation and conditions such as rashes, acne, and herpes;
- Patients that take medications to prevent blood clots, like anticoagulants.
- Pregnant and breastfeeding patients; and
- Patients who are below the age of 18.
Who is the producer?
Juvederm dermal fillers are developed by a California-based Allergan Health Care company that gained international recognition in medical and cosmetic solutions. Allergan offers innovative and premium quality products. Juvederm is a market-leading series, and best-seller of hyaluronic acid fillers, especially in the US market.
Bee Queen Fillers is the fundamental link between the filler producers and clinics. If you are looking to buy Juvederm fillers, discover our offer of authentic products.